Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Completing Reading 24: Pension Liability

I couldn’t study anything yesterday because I had a lot of Tax Accounting homework to do. Today, I studied for around 90 minutes while proctoring exams in college for a professor. I am done till p. 135 or something. Have four more pages to go and then the assignment too. As per schedule, I was supposed to be done today. But again, I got really busy in the evening because of another MBA class, which took me 3 hours…and now it’s 12:30 am on 9/11 and I’m really tired. I’ll be surprised if I can complete the remaining four pages.

But I’m not really happy with the way this chapter has been dealt with in the CFA textbook. I studied this chapter in Accounting during summer and referred to the book by Kieso (Intermediate Accounting). It’s really explained very well over there. So, in case you don’t understand it here, I would suggest that you read those parts from the Accounting Book. You can actually download this particular chapter from the Official Website. Here’s the link for the pdf file.

UPDATE: I did end up finishing Reading 24 (Clap!). I’ll solve the chapter end problem tomorrow. And also read the next LOS, which is only 5 pages long.

0 Comments: