Friday, September 7, 2007

Reading 22: M&A

I continued from where I had left off yesterday. I didn’t really study much today. I felt very tired for some reason. So, I had gone out to a pub. By the time I returned, I could manage only about 40 mins of studies. Anyway, I went over the highlighted points from yesterday’s study session and read p. 71 to p. 79. This chapter is similar to Reading 21, that also talks about the cost method, market method, equity method, consolidation and proportionate consolidation method. Somehow, I’m finding this reading to be much better because it’s explaining the concepts in an easier manner. Maybe I’m finding it to be easier because I read the preceding reading. Whatever. I want to finish off Reading 22 tomorrow and then go back to Reading 21 and re-read some parts again.

I know that I really don’t need to learn everything now. I’ll forget everything by next year anyway. But I find it to be more bearable the second time around. Like, for example, I’m highlighting the main points while reading new stuff. So this makes revision less time consuming :) If I’m spending time reading it, then I might as well try to learn it properly!

0 Comments: