Friday, November 30, 2007

Reading 40: Equity Concepts and Techniques

This is the first reading in Equity Valuation. I gave it a fast reading from Schweser 2007. Some topics like Industry Life Cycle, Value Chain, Return Analysis, Risk Analysis etc are a repetition from L-I syllabus. There is a new formula for P/E ratio analysis and a few other things like the comparison of the FASB and IASB rules pertaining to some Financial Statement Analysis rules (Consolidation, Purchase method etc)…I have already forgotten the FSA part :(
Anyway, this reading is far from over. I’m not happy with the way Schweser has presented this material. Tomorrow in office, I’m going to re-read all of this from the Curriculum and hopefully, revise the relevant FSA concepts too. If I’m happy with my preparation, then I might start with the next reading, else I’ll call it a day.

0 Comments: